I'm quite certain my roommate will burn our apartment down.
Yesterday I popped off to the Post Office to mail a Christmas package and when I rolled back into the driveway I noticed our balcony door was open and so were all our windows (despite it being freezing cold outside). As soon as I entered the building I knew why... It smelled like something burning... When I entered the apartment I think she was scared to see me back so soon as she scurried around blaming THE OVEN, but after peering into the oven at the blackened sugary mess (that I think was her attempt at Christmas pudding) it was clear that she had put her dessert in the oven and just totally forgotten about it. The result was the smell of burnt sugar (mmm... CARBON) that she tried to cover up with air fresheners which just made it smell even worse. Ugh.
It was almost as bad as the time she left a LIGHTER on top of a LIT candle and when I freaked out about it she didn't see anything wrong about putting a highly flammable liquid near an open flame.
This idiot will be the death of me.
Yesterday I popped off to the Post Office to mail a Christmas package and when I rolled back into the driveway I noticed our balcony door was open and so were all our windows (despite it being freezing cold outside). As soon as I entered the building I knew why... It smelled like something burning... When I entered the apartment I think she was scared to see me back so soon as she scurried around blaming THE OVEN, but after peering into the oven at the blackened sugary mess (that I think was her attempt at Christmas pudding) it was clear that she had put her dessert in the oven and just totally forgotten about it. The result was the smell of burnt sugar (mmm... CARBON) that she tried to cover up with air fresheners which just made it smell even worse. Ugh.
It was almost as bad as the time she left a LIGHTER on top of a LIT candle and when I freaked out about it she didn't see anything wrong about putting a highly flammable liquid near an open flame.
This idiot will be the death of me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home